Our Family Is In Crisis
Has your family been through crisis? Has your relationship with your spouse, your children, or in-laws turned into a nightmare?
More that likely, you and your family would greatly benefit from family therapy.
- Worried about losing your spouse?
- Worried about losing your family?
- So distracted by the situation at home that you are about to lose it?
- Trying so hard to fix everything, but can’t get anywhere with some family members?
Well, when the stress of the home begins to turn from a place of peace and respite, to a stress filled environment where no matter where you go you can’t get peace, let me help you. Our homes are supposed to be the sanctuary, the recharge station, the source of love and happiness. What you are going through is terrible, and unnecessary.
So, What Do We Do?
Well, as you know, the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. Change is key!
- How you see your family
- How you respond to your children or spouse
- How your parents are allowed to interfere in your parenting of your children
- How your spouse manages his parents and how you manage yours
Yes, all of the above.
My name is Lou Carfizzi and I am a licensed professional counselor and psychotherapist with 14 years of experience working with families to strengthen their bond, and once again enjoy their homes and family lives. What you are going through is serious and I know it hurts, but it is not unusual to feel as if your situation is hopeless. The truth is that it is not hopeless, and it is something that millions of people go through. There is hope! Don’t Give Up!
I’m So Confused!
I don’t blame you for being confused, hurt, and overwhelmed. No one can completely understand your emotional hurts, but you can find relief in knowing there is a way to fix them.
Family problems are a complex tapestry of relationships, most of them unique, all of them serious. For example, your family issues can include:
- Parenting issues
- Not on the same page when it comes to discipline
- Defiant teenagers
- Angry children
- Relationship issues with your spouse
- Communication breakdown
- Constant fighting
- Blended family problems
- Arguing about money
- In-Law Problems
- Well meaning but misguided “help” from in-laws
- Interfering with child rearing
- Sick and elderly in-laws
- Other relationships in the extended family that impact your family
I Think I May Need 1 on 1 Therapy First.
It is common for this to be the case with couples and families. Sometimes the problems that exist in families are complex. Problems can consist of the list above and other issues that may be unique to your family.
It is the goal of therapy to help you. 1 on 1 therapy, at least to start, may be very helpful for you to better organize your thoughts and reflect on the individual issues as you explain them.
If 1 on 1 therapy is something we need to do, you can be comforted by knowing that things you would like to remain confidential will not be shared.
Yes, I know it is difficult to cope with your lives stresses and problems, and it can be unbearable when your home is in emotional shambles .
So, What Should My Family Be Like When Therapy Is Successful?
First of all, make sure that your expectations are realistic. No relationship is 100% bliss, but a ratio of good verses not so much should be about 80/20. Just picture yourself in a family that is supportive, effortless, loving, and caring 80% of the time. This is achievable!
Your relationship could be one of:
- Unconditional Love
- Total assumption of good will (this is a biggie)
- Warmth and safety
- Mutual support
- Satisfying intimacy
This is within your family’s reach if you are willing to take the necessary steps to purge your emotions, and repair the damage that life has done to you and your family.
We Have Tried Therapy Before…
No therapist, counselor, or other professional is perfect. The task at hand is to find the professional that fits the personality, and is compatible with you. Therapy is all about the relationship. Before you can move forward on fixing the problems, you must trust your therapist.
You may have to go through one or two professionals before you find one that is compatible. This is okay!
OKAY, SO WHAT IS SO SPECIAL ABOUT YOU? I HAVE BEEN TO SEVERAL THERAPISTS, WITH NO MEASURABLE RESULTS.
Great question. Here is why you should choose me:
- Years of experience with relationship therapy with excellent results
- I have two master’s degrees, each one specializing in a differing approaches
- I will work very hard with you to accomplish our well defined and measurable goals
- I don’t give up even when your confidence is tested
- I understand how you feel. I have had personal circumstances that I have overcome, and I can help you do it as well.
Contact me right away using the form below, or call me on 404-933-4745.
[contact-form-7 id=”463″ title=”Contact form 1″]